Jira: Basic Administration on LinkedIn
This course includes the top 5 things every Jira admin needs to know like: adding users, creating projects, editing workflows, and troubleshooting permission and notification problems. Learn how Jira is used, the responsibilities of an administrator, how to access the most used admin areas, and how to set up a test environment so you can experiment without impacting production.
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
LinkedIn’s entire course library is included with your LinkedIn Premium subscription! Not a member yet? Start your 30 day LinkedIn Learning free trial
- Who is this for?
- What do you need?
What is Jira and how is it used?
- What is Jira?
- How is Jira used?
- Which application type do you have?
- Which deployment type do you have?
- Important Terms and Definitions
- Navigating the Admin Area
- Quiz: Types of Jira
Admin Types and Responsibilities
- Types of Jira Admin Users
- Who does what?
- Utilizing Global Permissions
- Quiz: Types of Jira Admins
Setting Up a Test Environment
- Choose a Test Environment
- Create a Test Environment
- Quiz: Test Environment Considerations
- How to Manage Users
- Leveraging Groups and Roles
- Challenge: Add a Test User
- Quiz: User Management
Creating Jira Projects
- Types of Jira Projects
- How to Create a Project
- Navigating the Project Admin Area
- Challenge: Create a Test Project
- Quiz: Project Creation
- Types of Workflows
- Basic Workflow Concepts
- Using Diagram and Text Mode
- Challenge: Create a Workflow
- Bonus: Apply a Workflow
- Quiz: Workflow Concepts
Troubleshooting Permission Problems
- Types of Jira Permissions
- Using the Permission Helper
- Challenge: Determine the Permission Problem
- Quiz: Jira Permissions
Troubleshooting Missing Notifications
- Types of Jira Notifications
- Using the Notification Helper
- Challenge: Determine the Notification Problem
- Quiz: Jira Notifications
- Next Step
- Online Course